GOALS ON SUNDAY - FENECH SOLER ALBUM RELEASE
A tale of lust and paranoia that becomes a glittering explosion of foot-stomping melancholy, Lies is the first single for Fenech-Soler on B*Unique, released 20th September. The band's music is used throughout Goals On Sunday, every week on Sky Sports One so you're likely to know their sounds already.
Beyond the bombastic dancefloor pop of the original, Hervé dishes up two portions of global bass with the Eclipse and Solar Flare mixes, there’s another must have from dubstep don Doctor P and Grum provides a sparkling laptop disco re-imagining. There’s a club-land ready rework from Run Hide Survive, a bubbling house outing for Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs and a true electro behemoth in the shape of Disco Of Doom.
Borne of a true faith in pop and fermented in the spirit of self-determination, Fenech-Soler’s radio-friendly nous and festival verve has brought them to the gates of an explosive debut. Having seen their independently released single Stop & Stare playlisted at Radio 1 in May, and reach the Top 10 of the Dance and Indie singles charts, the band have signed to B-Unique for the release of their album on 27th September.
“A band on the verge of very big things indeed” SUNDAY TIMES
“Dancing to the sound of a very different beat, and they don’t get much more hi-NRG than this.” NME
“Fenech-Soler are heading skyward.” MIXMAG
“We have seen the future of white dancefloor-scorching electro-funk.” TIME OUT
“Walking the line between Modular’s synths and La Roux’s filth-pop.” DAZED & CONFUSED
“The sort of party tunes that Friendly Fires wish they were making, this band are set for seriously big things.” NOTION
“It’s official we’re obsessed with this band, the lovechild of Delphic and Daft Punk.” GRAZIA
- 03-06-13 - PRIMAL SCREAM HEADLINE BBC 5LIVE BIG DAY OUT
- 16-05-13 - IT'S NOT JUST CRICKET! DUCKWORTH LEWIS METHOD .....
- 08-05-13 - REVEREND & THE MAKERS WIN FA CUP ANTHEM!
- 25-04-13 - 90 YEARS IN 90 SECONDS: WEMBLEY STADIUM .....
- 25-04-13 - FA CUP ANTHEM - SIX ACTS NEED YOUR VOTE!
Sky Sports News
- West Ham have agreed a two-year deal for Stockport County youngster Danny Whitehead.
- Paolo Di Canio says there is plenty of work needed before Sunderland are ready for the 2013-14 Premier League season.
- Chris Froome's bid to win this summer's Tour de France will be supported by a Team Sky squad packed with climbing experts and Olympic champions.
- Torquay manager Alan Knill has offered a contract to striker Elliot Benyon following his departure from Southend.
- Aidan O'Brien is hopeful Battle Of Marengo's Epsom exertions have not left their mark as he tries to get back on the winning trail in Friday's King Edward VII Stakes at Royal Ascot.